Monday, April 29, 2013

Two Years Ago


 Two years ago today, this sweet little face arrived quite suddenly in our in-box. It was late in the evening, and about the last thing we expected was an email from our agency. As many of you know, the happy news is usually first delivered over the phone. So the "It's a girl!" subject line popping up on the computer screen just about sent me into heart failure. After five very, very long years . . . she was here!!

 She was, and is, all that we could have hoped for, and more.

I spent countless hours studying her photos, looking for clues about who she was. Who she would become.

Little did I know . . . 


But God knew, right? I often think he must be smiling . . . 




Our silly, sweet, happy little girl!


Looking back on the past two years and feeling so thankful.


Ok, she's had enough.


Going, going . . . 


Gone!