Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lullaby of Broadway



To celebrate the end of the school year and a job (very) well done, I took Adrienne to see 42nd Street, performed by the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera. It was truly an amazing show, full of great songs and some of the best dancing we've ever seen. 

We started the evening at Noodles and Company . . . 
. . . while back home, little Sis enjoyed a cheeseburger with Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Benedum Center during intermission -
we both thought it felt strange to be there for something other than a ballet!
Recognize this guy?!
Does this help?

Joey Fatone, formerly of the band 'N Sync, joined the CLO for 42nd Street, which made the show extra fun! We waited by the stage exit to watch the actors leave and grabbed the chance to have Adrienne's picture taken with him. I tried to explain to Adrienne just how hugely popular 'N Sync was in their day . . . I said, just imagine a group with five Justin Biebers (I know, a scary picture) . . . but she got the idea. : )

(As you look back through this post, is anyone else REALLY ready for me to upgrade my iPhone? Time for a better camera, I think - - Geesh!)

And last, interestingly, Adrienne and I were not the only family members to have this brush with fame . . . 


Joey and Joey . . . ha!
Joey Fatone is a baseball fan and threw out a first pitch at a Pirates game earlier in the week, so Joe had the chance to chat with him before the game, then introduced him as he took the mound.

Well, that's all for now . . . Bye, Bye, Bye!