Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nantucket Notes No. 1 - Madaket

I chose the name of my blog for good reason, as often I have Nantucket on my mind. Joe and I agree, there is no other place quite like it. Like so many people before us, we stepped off the ferry and fell in love. With that in mind, I want to share that love with my readers and today is the first in a series titled Nantucket Notes. Just a little "this and that" about our wonderful island.



You will find Madaket at the far, west end of the island. It is a gorgeous beach with a heavy surf . . . if you like dramatic waves, this is a beach for you. It is also the spot on the island for watching the sunset - the perfect way to end a day on Nantucket. Pack a picnic, grab your blanket and you have the best dinner spot on the island - - no reservation required!


Such natural beauty . . . 



For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), 
It's always our self we find in the sea.
~e.e. cummings


Madeket is accesible by bike path. Seasonal WAVE shuttle available.
Some parking and restrooms (no changing facilities) available.
Millie's restaurant and small store close by.